Thursday, September 8, 2011

I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain...

...I wanna be sedated!

Had another echo yesterday, as a final step to moving to Roanoke and getting a new cardiologist! Since I'm a big girl now and wasn't gonna put up with being held down for an hour without wriggling, they had to sedate me. I tell you what...they say that rice cereal helps you sleep...it's got NOTHIN on pentobarbital! This is me, HOURS after the sedation apparently wore off, "playing" on my playmat:


So I know you're all wondering what the echo showed...and as usual, no news is good news. We kind of hoped that Dr. C would just come in and say "HA-HA you just got PUNK'D!" and tell us this was all some bad joke, but unfortunately not. I've still got that big hole and those messed up pipes, but nothing's changed all that much and my lungs are still not getting overloaded, which helps keep surgical options open. They're still thinking that sometime around 9 months to a year is when things will have to happen. He and the surgeon are going to talk about it and see if any more details can be planned in advance. But for now...watch and wait!

(if you need to be caught up on what I'm talking about, go here)

Meanwhile...om nom nom...



No comments:

Post a Comment