First of all, last Monday we decided that since I wasn't drinking a ton and my dose of Lasix (the diuretic...fluid medicine...) was pretty big, that we'd back off on it a little bit so I wouldn't dry up and turn into a raisin. Well, about that time I decided that once again I'd like some milk please, and drank a BUNCH over the next few days. Unfortunately, what ended up happening was I had too much fluid in me! I started breathing a little fast, and the doctor thought it looked there was fluid in my lung (ANOTHER plural fusion*!), so we went back up on that medicine and added back another fluid medicine (aldactone, for those keeping track).
(*pleural effusion, I keep trying to correct her!)
Over the next few days I got a LOT better, and today there's almost no extra fluid!
On Thursday, Dad took another day-long trip and picked up Charlie Brown! Yay! I got my doggie back!!
![]() |
| Did you say cookie?? |
I've also been learning to share. My new favorite thing to do is try to put my toys in Mommy's mouth, sometimes Daddy's. I mean, everything goes in MY mouth...why not theirs? How do they know if it's food or not??
![]() |
| Here Dad, try some of this block. Maybe you'll like it better than me. |
Most of you didn't get to hear it, but man did I sound WIMPY after surgery! It was until just the past week that I started getting my voice back to the way it was. I had this really high pitched, whiny cry...Dad thought it was pitiful. Well, now he's in trouble, cause this girl's pipes are ready to blast!
We had a fun time this weekend. The weather was kinda crappy, but on Saturday we went and ran some errands and got a new table for the kitchen (Dad made me and mom some EXCELLENT food for Valentine's Day, you can see the table hidden under the spread in the pic below!) and on Sunday we drove all the way to Eggleston, Virginia to visit with Great-Aunt Kathy. I love having family so close!!
![]() |
| All this for my 11th month birthday? Sheesh! And um, Dad, I don't think I'm quite old enough for that champagne... Cute new table though! |



No comments:
Post a Comment