Friday, March 18, 2011

Getting into a routine

Well, my routine is pretty simple...I sleep, I eat, I look cute. Mommy and daddy have started figuring theirs out, though. However, when daddy goes back to work Sunday night, a new routine may have to be found. By that time Grandma Beth will be gone, but my Gigi will be here (that's what Grandma Hentz, Daddy's mom, wants to be called)

Last night, we all went to bed...me in my bouncy chair that makes great waterfall noises, daddy in bed near me, and mommy went to "my" room (formerly known as the guest room). That way she could sleep without being awoken by my funny baby noises (I'm loud y'all!)

When it was time to eat, daddy changed me and then he went to "my" room while I fed and then slept near mommy. This way, they both got about 4-6 hours of good non-baby sleep throughout the night!

At least last night I didn't fuss like the night before every time I was put down. I love my bouncy chair! One of these days maybe I'll sleep in the cradle...

Today I get a home health nurse visit...since I'm "special", they're gonna weigh me in for my next match...I mean see how I'm growing...and check a bilirubin (it was a bit high when I left the NICU, but I'm not yellow, so it should be better now).

Monday I get to meet my doctor (his name is Moebius...and I was born on Pi Day...I'm already a total geek!) and Wednesday is my first heart doctor follow up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie!
    My name is Evelyn Sallee- my mommy is a friend of your Gigi. I made my parents crazy when I was born last June so they bought me a "snuggle nest" for my cradle. Unfortunately, they were recalled, but my mommy said that the Boppy pillow is another good option for you.
    Your Gigi is going to teach me how to swim soon - I can't wait! Maybe if you come to Raleigh for a visit, we could have a play date.
    Ttfn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I guess your parents don't really want to hear I still only get about 6 hours of good "non-child" sleep. You just get used to it.

    With that said...I wouldn't have traded one more hour of sleep for the option of not having your Uncle Brendan or Uncle Ashton! All of you are well worth it!! Besides, we can sleep when we're old!! You'll just have to throw them a bone a take a couple of cat naps now and then.

    Or, tell them to be like Pops and nap anytime they aren't sitting upright. He's able to work in a couple more hours that way! Though he will deny he is sleeping and say he's "just resting his eyes". Were not buying it...not even you were born yesterday!

    ReplyDelete