So due to inconvenient schedule overlaps on Mom and Dad's part, I got to go to work with Dad ALL DAY! He had a faculty meeting in the morning and then a couple of lectures in the afternoon, so we left the house around 8:30 and I was with him until 4! That's the longest I've been without Mom...EVER!
We had a good time, though. Everyone in the office got to hold me (some wanted more!), and I even got to participate in the faculty meeting for a little while, which was...well, boring, frankly. But getting to meet everyone was definitely worth it (and they LOOOVED me!) Here Stacey holds me, wondering how she's gonna handle one of these things in a few short months, while JB, Dad's boss, looks on.

After the meeting, Nancy (brother Charlie's othermother) rocked me to sleep while Dad tweaked his lecture and ate lunch. From there we went to conference, where one of Dad's residents fed me and rocked me while Dad waxed poetic about something called an "MRI". Some of the residents took a cue from me and fell asleep... (Susan did a GREAT job holding me! I know she's still got a couple months yet before her little duckie is due, but I think she's ready!)
Dad brought me home to Mom, who really seemed to miss me, and after I partook of her buffet, they dropped me off with John and Laura so they could attend Mom's fake fellowship graduation (fake b/c of me...she's got a few months left yet...they even gave her a fake certificate!)

I had a good time with John and Laura...well, I had a good time SLEEPING! :-) We got home around 10:30 and I ate some more and then we all went to bed. Guess who slept for almost 8 WHOLE HOURS??? Mom and Dad were amazed...that's like a real night's sleep! Nicer still, according to Mom, would have been not waking up 5 times wondering if a) I wanted to eat and b) I was still breathing (the answers are a) nope and b) duh! Of course! I couldn't be dictating this to Dad if not!)
Let me repeat...8 WHOLE HOURS!! Just in case you missed it ;-)
You know what else I've started to figure out? Those things, on the end of those other things? (Dad tells me they're "hands" connected to "arms") Yeah...those things...well, they're good for something after all! I thought all they did was knock me in the face from time to time, but NOO! Look...they can move things and grab things...and I can control them! Who knew?? I've got some work to do now!

One final note and then I'll stop babbling (Mom says it's "cooing" since I don't use consonants...details!) Mom and Dad also think I'm learning how to talk in frustration and not just randomly. I was kinda fussy in the car last night, and I cried for a bit...and then they heard my cooing noises, but not with their normal happy sound. Instead, there was a frustrated little burst of vocalization that they think was clearly an attempt to "talk" b/c I was not happy with being alone in the back of the car. We'll see...jury's still out on that one. I'll be sure to keep ya'll informed...
(almost my 3-month birthday...hopefully nobody suggests shots again...let's make this birthday a quiet one, ok?)
No comments:
Post a Comment