Monday, July 25, 2011

Life needs a "dislike" button!

Man oh man...what a day yesterday! My uncle Brendan is in town and spending a few days going to work with Dad (why he'd WANT to go to that nasty place I have no idea!) Dad's always really been into airplanes, and yesterday was the Dayton Air Show so we went out there. Can we say NOT my cup of tea?

90 degrees
80% humidity
no shade
What exactly is FUN about this?

And don't even get me STARTED about the F-18 jet engines...as they zoomed by at 0.98 the speed of sound, I tried to scream just as loud as they were but it was futile. It was like I was whispering compared to that insanity. They do make for good pictures though (if you zoom you can see a moisture ring around the plane!)


Unfortunately (for Dad!) the main event, the Thunderbirds (uh, yeah, plural...MULTIPLE jet engines!) was canceled due to rain. I was pretty psyched....except it meant a 1 mile walk (well, stroller ride) back to the car in the rain...luckily my stroller has a cover! I got a bit damp, and the little footrest became a puddle. Glad I can't reach it yet! The rain certainly cooled things off, which was nice for when we had friends over for dinner.


I've been getting really grabby this week and really, REALLY try to roll over on my changing table but can't quite get my "down" arm out from underneath me! I think if I keep working I'll have it here in a few weeks...

1 comment:

  1. Love the look on her face! "Yay - we're going back to the car and away from the noisy planes!" =)

    ReplyDelete