...but this girl is getting ready to de-accessorize! I know, I know...that breaks some girl code or something. Deal with it.
I don't like all this plastic jewelry anyway. Daddy owns me something SHINY...
Today has been sort of a quiet day, and that's a good thing cause I need my rest. Yesterday took it out of me a little! We've been slowly weaning me from various things...first to go was the paralytic early this morning, then the sedative, and finally the narcotic drip. Not a whole lot of movement through most of the day, but this afternoon I started getting a little more social.
Around 1:30pm they pulled out that left atrial line and that went very well. The teams came by, surgical, ICU, cardiology, and little by little some decisions started to be made. The plan for the night is "let it ride." They're going to work on getting some fluid off of me so I can breathe easy when the tube comes out, and sometime in the middle of the night will start lowering my vent settings so that I realize that it's my turn to do some work. Hoping for pulling of the chest tubes early morning, before the breathing tube, and the breathing tube a bit after that.
For a couple of hours today they were really light on my sedation. I've been opening my eyes from time to time but not really focusing just yet. They had my breathing rate down lower than it "should" be so that I'd need to help, and I spent some time practicing taking my own breaths (with significant ventilator assistance, of course!!)
Wish me a good night's sleep tonight, because tomorrow should be wakey-wakey!!
Hooray for a good post-op day 1! Lots of prayers for you Miss Natalie!
ReplyDeleteSleep tight Sweet Natalie! Pops and DeeDee wish you a quiet dreamy night. We love you lots and lots!!!
ReplyDelete