This is the surgeon who created the procedure that I had, called a "Nikaidoh" procedure (for obvious reasons ;-)
The main difference between what I had and what he describes is that my pulmonary valve didn't allow them to just open the artery and patch it, so they completely replaced my pulmonary valve and artery. So I'll still need reoperation to put in a new conduit, unlike someone who got a "true" Nikaidoh. But that's ok.
And THIS guy...I don't even have words...he fixed me.
The surgeons get the glory, but I've had a great group of cardiologists as well...James Cnota in Cincinnati who helped encourage Mom to fatten me up, Joelle Miller in Roanoke who got us hooked into Boston, and Gerald Marx here in Boston. Now add to that Dr. Laussen, my ICU guy, and all the nurses and everyone else taking care of me...the list gets really, really long!!
I can't thank them all enough (Dad and Mom agree ;-)
So glad the world has produceded men of this character to fix our Natalie:) Thank you - from everyone in Natalie 's family!
ReplyDelete