Wait, that makes NO sense. Must be the drugs talking.
Well anyway...it was quite a night. I mentioned before that while moving to the floor is a good thing, sleep could potentially be difficult. Well, it certainly did start out that way. Guess what...my roommate's parent(s) SNORE!! Ugh.
I did finally get some shut eye around 10 or 11, but about 12:30 I woke up PISSED. Dad thought maybe I was hungry, so he tried giving me food..no go. For the next two hours, I thrashed on the bed, rolled around, opened my eyes wide with fear/pain/anger/whatever, screamed (although I still haven't quite gotten my voice back, so "scream" is a bit of an exaggeration.) Dad and Lauren, the nurse, weren't sure what to do...it was pretty awful. They finally decided that maybe something for pain would both help the pain (if that's what it was) and make me sleepy. After shoving some oxycodone down my throat, it still wasn't much better and they were considering something stronger when all of a sudden I stopped, started bearing down...grunted...pushed...grunted...(this went on for about 15 minutes)...then a smell started emanating...and I'd dropped about a 2-300cc load in my pants!!
You may not understand...I hadn't done that for OVER A WEEK!! That explains some of my discomfort, my breathing...it helps a LOT!!
Talk about taking a load off!
So about that time the oxycodone kicked in and Dad and I were able to get some more sleep.
Ah oxycodone! Don't let the fact that I'm sleeping fool you...my pain is 11 out of 10!!
(yes, that's an ER joke...)
No comments:
Post a Comment