Thursday, January 26, 2012

No slouching!!

Push it Team Natalie...there's no rest for the weary!

At rounds today the ICU docs said I'm doing so well they're gonna push me a bit. What that means is they're gonna cut down my paralytic and see how I ease back into coordinating my own respiratory drive, and if that goes well pull the line out of my left atrium, and move me towards extubation either tonight or tomorrow!

(as of about 9:30am the paralytic was turned off and they're waiting to see how that goes...)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates! We are all praying for Natalie, you, and her caregivers. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ridiculous (and probably criminal) how many times a day I've been hitting "Refresh" on your blog. You're a trooper, Natalie--keep up the good work! We're all rooting for you.

    Be aggressive! B-E aggressive!
    B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E!
    Be aggressive! B-E aggressive!

    (That's about the only cheer I know, other than "De-fense! CLAP CLAP! De-fense! CLAP CLAP!")

    Continuing love, hugs, and prayers to your parents...

    ReplyDelete